Wildlife Rehabilitation MD’s 2013 Year In Review
2013 was an absolutely extraordinary year for Wildlife Rehabilitation MD! Although we have existed for 4 years, Wildlife Rehabilitation MD has only been available to use for 2 years. It was important for us to spend a significant amount of time researching what information the larger wildlife rehabilitation community collects and how that information is cataloged; and that investment has paid off! In the 2 years of its use in the rehab community, Wildlife Rehabilitation MD has grown from a simple database with good intentions into a fully fledged and versatile living resource. Our ability to adapt to nearly any organizations needs have allowed us to work with facilities all over the United States. The flexibility of the database has also allowed us to connect with organizations in Canada and Belize.
Wildlife Rehabilitation MD’s 2013 Numbers
In 2013 Wildlife Rehabilitation MD admitted just over 32,000 cases from 14 very active organizations. To put that in perspective, in 2012 we admitted 4969 from 2 organizations. In truth we admitted nearly 150,000 records if you include all the imported records from previous years. To date there are 65 organizations registered in Wildlife Rehabilitation MD, many of which signed up in the last 2 months of 2013. As for the actual usage of the wrmd.org web application, we served over 800,000 page views to 2,500 unique visitors! That is extraordinary. The wildlife rehabilitation community is a very niche community and to serve so many of us is an absolute honor.
Top Highlights From 2013
- Established the parent organization, The Wild Neighbors Database Project, as a nonprofit organization tasked with managing Wildlife Rehabilitation MD.
- Endorsed by the California Department of Fish and Wildlife.
- Completed a successful Kickstarter fundraising campaign that ultimately generated over $6000.
- Upgraded to version 2.0, which included significant enhancements and 140% speed increase.
- Moved to a much more powerful and secure server.
- Presented Wildlife Rehabilitation MD at three symposiums: CCWR, IWRC and NWRA.
- Wildlife Rehabilitation MD is now being used in three countries: United States, Canada and Belize.
Total Cases Admitted per Week in 2013
Sincere Thank You
This may be becoming old, but we could never stop saying it, Thank You! Our success and growth are because of the contributions of our users. We have been blessed with their great ideas for improvements as well as financial assistance. Nearly each day we receive a message from a user with a great suggestion or question. We are here to try and make hard working, underpaid wildlife rehabilitators lives just a little easier.