I know we’ve been a bit quite lately but that certainly does not mean that we haven’t been doing anything. So just to keep you informed, here is a quick post about some resent updates.
1. Quick Search by Current Location
You can now do a quick search by the patients current location. You can search separately on the area/room or enclosure fields or combined as its displayed on the patients record.
2. Two Recent Patients Lists
The recent patients panel on the sidebar now has two tabs. One for recently updated patients and the other for recently admitted patients.
4. Updated the Total Dispositions by Species Report
The Total Dispositions by Species report has been updated to now include the Died +24hr, Died in 24hr, Euthanized +24hr and Euthanized in 24hr dispositions. Previously these dispositions were combined in to Died and Euthanized. Because this is not an official annual report we felt it was important to separate them out.
5. Added List Categories to the List Patients Page
On the List Patients page, that typically lists all the patients paginated in groups of 20, you can now click on the LIST ALL PATIENTS header to see a drop-down list of other lists that you can view. As of right now there are only two lists available (All Records Admitted Today and All Records Updated Today) but I’m sure in the future there will be other categories. These lists will show all the matched records on one screen so that you don’t have to paginate through them.
6. Simplified Printing the Recheck Report
We are often asked to allow for printing of all sorts of combinations of the recheck lists and frankly it was getting out of hand. So instead we just simplified printing the recheck list into 2 options. The first is that you now just print the currently listed rechecks. For example; if you want tomorrows clinic rechecks grouped by your patients locations then change the settings to those criteria, the displayed rechecks will update and then you can click the Print the displayed rechecks link.
Second, we added the ability to print out each recheck group individually. For example you can now print only the Veterinarian rechecks if that’s what you want. To do so, just click the PDF icon next to the recheck group name that you want to print.
7. Datetime Custom Field
We added a datetime custom field type. This may be less exciting but it was needed. This field is just like a date field but it adds two additional fields so that you can also record the time if that’s important for you.
Things That we Are Currently Working On
There are a number of new things that were working on that were hoping to have done soon. Among them are Batch Updating, Importing and Multilingual features.
Dear Wildlife Rehabilitation MD User,
On December 31st at 10:00pm Pacific Standard Time (6:00am UTC) we will begin upgrading WRMD to version 3.0. At that time WRMD will not be available until we are done with the upgrade. For the past month we’ve been rehearsing the upgrade process so we expect it to go smoothly and if all goes well, it should take less than two hours to complete.
This upgrade process requires that we transfer all of your data into the updated database. This includes all your settings as well. We’ve done our best to make sure that all your settings work in WRMD 3.0 but if you think something isn’t behaving the way you think it should, please let us know. Our top priority during this upgrade is to make sure that the transition is smooth and that you can still use the database the way you always have. If you encounter any errors or issues please let us know as soon as possible! You can still message us from within WRMD by clicking Ask for Help or email us at [email protected]ildneighborsdp.org. We will be available to fix issues that arise at a moments notice during the first week of the new year. We do not expect any issues, but we are prepared to handle them if they come up.
As a Reminder,
Here is a List of All the Important Changes You Will See In WRMD 3.0
- Dashboard Upgrade:
- We have updated the first page you see after you sign-in. It was designed to help navigate the database more efficiently.
- Add New Record:
- One this page we have updated the species database behind the scenes and it is much smarter and faster. We also naow have the ability to have multiple common names for a species. An example would be “mule deer” and “black-tailed deer” can both be used even though they are the same species. There will also be the additions of a few unknown species such as “myotis, sp” or “warbler, sp” for those critters that are difficult to identify.
- We also have a new panel for donations, if you had a custom field for donations that data will be moved to the new fields.
- Navigating the Screens:
- When you first go to a record you will notice that the screen looks different.
- The tabs (Rescuer, Initial Care, Continued Care and the Extensions) are now under the new “Cage Card” and “Location” panels.
- The “Cage Card” panel now has all the identity information about that patient such as case #, species, band, name, reference number and date admitted.
- The “Location” panel has the information about where that animal is. For more information on the new locations feature see our Locations Blog post.
- Initial Care:
- You will notice that the initial exam area has been changed to be more informative.
- Ages have changed as well and are categorized by bird, mammal, reptile/amphibian. We have spent years coming up with the new ages, for more information on ages see our Ages Blog post.
- We have put a lot of time and thought into the new recheck system. It is much more user friendly and useful. For more information on rechecks see our Rechecks Blog post.
- One of the new permanent tabs in the records is a “Share” tab. This tab is used anytime you want to “share” a record.
- Within the share tab there is the ability to “Transfer Records” to any other WRMD account. For more information on transferring records see our Transferring Records Blog post.
- The paper forms are now found in the share tab as well.
There are many other little additions here and there which you will probably find at one time or another. All of these new features where created from the ideas of our users, so thank you for all your help in helping create WRMD 3.0. We are quite pleased with how it turned out and I hope you enjoy it.
Not Yet Working
Because of the nature of what we are doing, we are not quite finished with a few of the features. Our plan is to have everything up and running as soon as possible, but we want to make sure everything has transitioned smoothly before we finish the last little bit. So, below are the features that are not quite available yet. Remember, just because they are not available does not mean that your data has vanished, it is just in long term parking for the moment.
- Necropsy extension
- Husbandry extension
- WRMD import
- Case summary extension
- Batch update
Happy New Year!!!
Another feature that WRMD 3.0 improves upon, are rechecks. In the current version of WRMD you can create a recheck for a given date and set the type/priority for that recheck. In WRMD 3.0 there is nothing new about that, except that it has new features and is managed far better.
Here’s the Rundown of the Changes to Rechecks
- You will be able to create multiple rechecks,
- you will also be able to mark a recheck as being completed,
- and we added a new recheck type/priority called Alert.
On the Continued Care screen there is a Rechecks panel like the one seen above. All you have to do is fill in the fields for the recheck(s) you want to create, and click the icon to the left of the date field. This will automatically create the recheck and add it below in a list (as seen below). Of course you can have multiple rechecks on the same day and give them different priorities. You may also update and delete rechecks as needed. To mark a recheck as being completed, just click the check box to the left of that recheck.
You can see in the example of rechecks above, that each priority is highlighted to help distinguish related rechecks. One new recheck priority that we are adding is called Alert. This recheck behaves in all ways similar to the other rechecks, but it also causes one additional behavior. Whatever is written as the Alert recheck description, will also be displayed as an alert message at the top of the patients screen. (See the below screen shot for an example). This is a great way to create a really important recheck that especially needs to be seen.
Lastly, we still have the Rechecks page that will list all the rechecks due or are past due for the current day. Just like the rechecks show above for an individual patient, these rechecks can also be deleted, updated and marked as completed.
Over all, these changes aren’t too drastic but are really helpful. Thanks to the wonderful advice of all our users, we were able to make this a very comprehensive system. We think that this implementation of rechecks is going to be a big hit and people will love being able to set multiple rechecks and keeping track of which ones are completed.
As always, if you have any feedback, comments or ideas please send them our way! You can leave a comment bellow or send us an email at [email protected].