Did you know that WRMD is the largest online wildlife rehabilitation community in the world, connecting 984 organizations in 50 US states and 25 countries? Since 2012 WRMD users have admitted over 2.2 MILLION patients! Our incredible community of users grows larger every year and we need your help.
One of the most remarkable things about WRMD is that it’s FREE. We rely on our users and partners to support our efforts. We see this as a community project and without them we could not continue. WRMD doesn’t sell ad space or any user data. This means that we depend on our supporters to keep WRMD free and constantly improving.
We’re writing today to ask for your support to help keep WRMD awesome and free. Our dedication to our users empowers them to save hundreds-of-thousands of injured and orphaned wildlife each year and collect irreplaceable wildlife epidemiological data. WRMD was developed to help wildlife rehabilitators save lives, but it does a lot more than that. In 2021 we have made some truly remarkable milestones:
- The 2,000,000th patient (an Northern Mockingbird from Davis California) was admitted!
- Through a generous gift we are now able to provide all WRMD users free access to The Cornell Lab of Ornithology – Birds of the World.
- We were published in our first research paper in the journal Proceedings of the Royal Society B.
- With the release of the Wildlife Morbidity and Mortality Event Alert System we are now monitoring for wildlife health events.
- We unveiled a brand new Knowledge Base to help our users find answers to solve problems on their own.
Can you help us? Please consider making a monthly donation to WRMD. It will be you, your patients and wildlife rehabilitators across the world that will benefit!