Every few years WRMD requires an update. Technology changes so quickly and new features become available to us. However, at some point we can’t add new features until we implement an update. Once updated we are able to create new features.
For this update the entire background code has been cleaned up. This will mean that overall, WRMD will be more efficient and easier for us to maintain. This allows us to make changes and create new features more easily.
We have put a lot of effort into improving the user experience. WRMD will be quicker due to the fact that we have added more servers, that are themselves, far more up to date. Many minor quarks and bugs have also been dealt with.
Before we list the new updates we want to thank all of the generous individuals and organizations that have made recent donations to WRMD. We are committed to keeping WRMD free to use however, it isn’t free to us. Each of these updates takes a lot of time and resources on our part, so we greatly appreciate any financial contributions you are capable of making. Thank you all for sticking with us on this amazing journey!
What this Update Includes
- There is a new extension called “Daily Exams”. This extension is modeled off of the “Initial Exam” page, but it can be used to record exams throughout the patient’s recovery. It will save each exam separately and there is no limit to the number of exams you can record. Like all other extensions, whatever is recorded here will be filtered into the “Treatment Log”.
- A New “Transported by Field” will be in the “Intake” box, which is found in the “Create New Patient” screen. This allows contact information to be recorded about the transporter, if it is different then the Rescuer.
- On the “Create New Patient” screen, an option has been added at the bottom of the page that can prompt an immediate batch update. For example if you get in 10 ducklings, you can choose to batch update their Age and any other information that may be the same.
- All of the date fields have a new Date Picker. We took a long time deciding on this new Date Picker, we hope it works well for you. The best thing about this Date Picker is that you can choose an icon with a circle and checkmark that will record “NOW”. However if there is already a date in that field “NOW” will not work.
- The pagination on the List Records screen is quicker and it doesn’t have to reload each time.
- Banding and Morphometrics can be exported in a format that can be imported into Bandit 4.0. Auxiliary band information has been added as well.
- In combine people, it will show you a list of all the matches, not just the first 10.
- We added in the “Initial Exam” an option for Mucous Membrane Texture as well as Mucous Membrane Color.
- The Header info has been re-designed and simplified: Settings, Change Accounts, Sign Out, Support/ Tutorials and Donate to WRMD is now under the Name of the user, on the top right of the screen as seen below.
- There are many other small changes that would take too long to list here, so we’ll just sum them up by saying they are all meant to make WRMD simpler and faster for you.
Once this update is completed and successful, we have a few new features we plan to create. Some examples: being able to Batch update and Search Lab Values, Batch update prescriptions, Pre-set some prescription values and the ability to filter prescriptions into the Recheck report. There are many more we have lined up.
Thank you for your patience and support. We know many of these features are long-awaited and we do try to work through these request as fast as we can. If at any point you notice a bug, or something not working quite right please let us know ASAP. While we run 1000’s of tests, we are far from perfect.
Happy New Year!!!