[iframe src=”http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wrmd/wildlife-rehabilitation-md/widget/card.html” width=”220″ height=”380″]
As we are nearing the end of our Kickstarter campaign we want to take this opportunity to yet again thank everybody for their support. Without you, we would never be able to make the great progress that we are doing now. Together, we are laying the foundation for an application that will benefit rehabbers, the wildlife they care for and future wildlife across the planet for years to come.
There are 24 hours remaining on our Kickstarter campaign. After the campaign has officially ended we will begin the process of improving the security and integrity of the database. Just this one “simple” upgrade will give Wildlife Rehbilitation MD the strength it deserves to become a fully fledged* web application, in a faster and more secure hosting service. This service will also distribute Wildlife Rehabilitation MD across multiple servers that will enable it to “stay up” if one server were to fail or go down temporarily. It will also be able to scale up according to increased web traffic conditions. These conditions are a strong possibility over time as we grow* and connect with more rehabbers.
* Yes this is a pun. Wildlife Rehbilitation MD will fledge and grow into a powerful hosting environment just like a bird fledges from a nest and grows into an adult.
We are also going to begin the development of a few other features. Fortunately these features are not as intensive in development as the server relocation. The upgrades will be rolled out over the next calendar year, likely starting after August. Summer is the busiest time for wildlife rehabilitators so it is important that we leave the database in a stable state during the busy summer months and release the updates during the fall and winter. At which time, the database will be fully released to all wildlife rehabilitators.
To be Developed
- Enhance the analytics to help highlight early warning signs that may predict epidemics.
- Teach the database which species are native to which states.
- Group species into their lay categories (raptor, songbird, carnivore, …).
- Create the ability to transfer a record from one account to another.
- Provide even better online support for new and existing accounts.
It can never be said too many times, thank you all for your generosity in supporting Wildlife Rehabilitation MD!